My installation proposal is basically using a projector to "paint" moving portraits onto the wall of a completely bare room.
To achieve this, I plan on first putting a camocorder on a turntable with bluetape outlining where i want the portraits to be.
Next I will shoot portraits of agitated, anxious friends and strangers.
Then I will place these videos in frames in Premeiere. Then in Aftereffects, using keyframes, i'll adjust perspective and paralax so that the images strech and shrink as the angle they are projected against the wall changes.
Finally, i'll project the video from a projector placed exactly where the camcorder was. If all is done correctly, the images should appear to be static fixtures on the wall, even as the projector rotates around the room.
if there is time, i would really like to compose a nasty, evil ambient track to play during the installation. i think a bassy, droney, machine track will do the trick.
No comments:
Post a Comment